Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts is requesting proposals to select an artist for the design, fabrication, and installation of a sculpture to be permanently installed at the garden entrance of the art center.
The purpose of the project is to create a sculpture that represents the art center; with the final design being roughly 10 – 20% sign that describes the art center and roughly 80 – 90% sculpture. The sculpture will be viewed from all sides, and should meet these parameters:
- Minimum height: 6 feet, maximum height 10 feet.
- Maximum circumference of roughly 4 feet.
- All materials must be weather durable and low maintenance.
- The sculpture must be safe for children playing around it; and it should not be climbable.
- Signage must be incorporated into the sculpture design and be interchangeable.
- Sculpture should be complementary to the art center and landscape of the park.
Use this link for a complete description.