This year’s member exhibition, on view through October 24, is sure to delight any art appreciator. With 67 artists showing 149 works of art, there is something for everyone to gaze upon.
Participating artists include: Alan Slacter, B. T. Johnson, Barb Johnson, Beth Dorsey, Betty Johnson, Bob Astrup, Carla Anderson, Carol Madison, Carol Zartner, Catherine Vesley, Charles Martin, Cheryl Barr, Chris Spencer, Daniel S. Truchon, Darla Robeck, Deborah Birkeland, Dieter Thielbar, Elaine Sarkela, Elaine Scheidnes, Elna Goodspeed, Helen Hartley, Jes Lee, Jim DuRose, Joanne Eittreim, John Bennett, Joy Reichel, Joyce Nelson Shellhart, Joyce Schmidt, Joyce VanderWyst, Judy Madron, Karen Bridgeman, Karen McDermott, Laura Burlis, Layl McDill, Linda Brobeck, Lindsy Halleckson, Lisa Christopherson, Liz Parker, Marc Carlson, Marcia Soderman, Marcia Wiger, Marjorie Moody, Marjorie Schalles, Mary Aguilar, Mary Ann Cleary, Mary Jo Truchon, Mary Lou Lacrosse, Mary R. Hoel, Michola Foley, Pamela Kryzer, Patricia Lohse, Pauline Hoffine, Polly Norman, Rachel Klismith, Raynele Schneider, Richard Byersdorfer, S. Paulendeick, Scott Wentkza, Sharon Howell, Sharyn Erickson, Susan Gainen, Susan Solomon, Suzanne Gates-Giannnaccini, Sylvia Carsen, Teri Power, Terri Myers Wentzka, Xan Laurence
On view October 3 to 24, the Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts Member Show is an open call for all those individuals with current membership to the art center. Six awards of distinction will be named by the juror and awarded a $100 cash prize, with additional honorable mentions noted as determined by the judge.
About the Judge:
Teresa Engeltjes has been the gallery director of Circa Gallery in the North Loop of Minneapolis for the past 2 and a half years. Prior to that, she worked at the GrandHand Gallery in Saint Paul, managed a number of galleries in Santa Fe and has served as a communications and art consultant in various capacities for organizations and businesses around the country.
Member Show Guidelines
There is a $10 non-refundable entry fee for each piece submitted (limit three entries per artist).
There is no pre sign-up or pre-notification needed.
Delivery of Work: Tuesday, September 29 from 10 am to 7 pm or Wednesday, September 30 from 10 am to 5 pm.
Show Opens: Saturday, October 3, 2015. Member Meeting and Award Notifications at 4 pm. Reception continues after meeting and runs through 6 pm.
Show Closes: Saturday, October 24. There is a juror talk from 10 am to 11 am that day and work can be picked up after the conclusion of the talk. Come for the talk then take your work home! All work needs to be picked up by 4 pm on Saturday, October 24, 2015 unless other arrangements are made in advance.
1. Artists must be current members with membership valid through the end of the Member Show. Not sure if your membership is up-to-date? Just ask!
2. All work submitted must be original and preferably completed within the past 2 years. Additionally, work must not have been shown at BLCA previously.
3. All 2-dimensional pieces must be properly matted, and/or framed and wired for hanging. Please ask if you need clarification. Work that is submitted and not ready for hanging may be rejected from the show.
4. The longest size of any work cannot exceed 48”.
5. All works must be properly labeled on the back with the accompanying labels. Works should be priced for sale to accommodate a 35% commission which will be retained by BLCA or marked NFS (Not for Sale).
The form is available to download: Call for Member Show Art or give us a call to have one sent to you!