Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts (BLCA) is looking for its next Executive Director.
BLCA is a 501(c)3 nonprofit visual and literary arts organization serving the Twin Cities northwest metro area. It was established in 1979 by a group of artists and arts advocates and has operated continuously since that time with a core group of dedicated volunteers and members.
BLCA moved to its present site in Fridley in 1988 and operates under a public/private partnership with Anoka County with one full-time staff person, volunteers, a Board of Directors and a County-BLCA management team. It is housed in a Greek Revival style building that is on the National Register of Historic Places. www.banfill-locke.org
The Executive Director (ED) reports to the Board of Directors (BOD) and will have overall strategic and operational responsibility for programs, finance, volunteers, community outreach and membership.
Art Center programs include classes, gallery exhibitions, artist and writer residencies, monthly literary readings, and many community events. The successful candidate will be an energetic, effective leader who is passionate about using the arts to strengthen and enrich the community.
She/he/they will be able to communicate a clear vision for executing the strategic plan and mission of the center to the Board of Directors and the BLCA membership and community.
The ED will have excellent communication and organizational skills, be able to motivate others and be innovative with fresh ideas related to fundraising, programming, marketing, and event planning.
The ED will work to ensure that BLCA’s programs, events, and fundraising initiatives are consistent with organizational values, mission, and vision.
The goal for this position is to provide leadership for the organization in the visual and literary arts, sustain and grow the diversity of its membership and audience (including youth outreach and engagement), maintain healthy and respectful relationships with the art center’s stakeholders and provide good stewardship of the facility and its programs.
Candidates can download a full job description and application instructions HERE.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR SEARCH TIMELINE
- Job announcement posted by June 3rd
- Applications close on June 21st
- The Search Committee will review all candidate applications by June 28th
- The Search Committee will conclude all first-round interviews by July 15-20th
- The Search Committee will recommend 2-4 finalists to interview with the full board on July 22th
- Board interviews concluded by July 26th
- Board discussion, decision & offer extended on July 31st
- The new Executive Director begins and trains with the interim manager and Board of Directors on Aug 15th
- The Executive Director will be fully in place by Sept 1st