Dear Friends of the BLCA,
The BLCA is tentatively re-opening on June 2 (with social distancing measures)
In response to concerns about the COVID-19 virus, I would like to issue a statement on programming at the BLCA. The board and I are working hard to monitor the situation. We have decided to close the BLCA for staff to work from home to minimize the risk of spreading the COVID-19 virus to our members until June 2. This will affect our programming in the following ways:
- The center will not be accessible to the public until June 2.
- Open studios are canceled at least until June 2.
- Classes will be rescheduled where possible for later in the year. I will be emailing students individually to let them know if their class start has been affected by this.
- All artwork on display will remain in the building until two weeks after June 2 so people can view the current exhibition.
- Once we re-open we will have limited programming and be enforcing a 5 person max capacity for the galleries and gift shop. All visitors are required to wear a mask and practice proper social distancing procedures.
As always, the BLCA greatly appreciates the support of our members! We look forward to engaging our audience in new ways and supporting our mission to provide new opportunities to artists and art appreciators alike.
If you have any concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to me.
Stay well and don’t forget to wash your hands!
Banfill-Locke Center for the Arts