Save the date!
BLCA SUMMER FUNDRAISER CONCERT
Featuring Thomasina Petrus
June 20th, 2020, 12-4pm, concert streamed at 1:30pm
Concert and exhibition
This year’s summer fundraiser will feature a concert by Minneapolis jazz singer, Thomasina Petrus as she performs live in the adjacent Manomin Park.
Park attendance will be very limited, so we encourage viewers reserve their spot by purchasing a ticket or to watch from their homes via a live stream of the concert! There will also be an outdoor exhibition–“We, Minnesotans”–on the walking paths in Manomin Park, adjacent to the BLCA that will be up the week following the concert, weather permitting. We encourage people to walk through the park, get some fresh air, and enjoy a socially distanced exhibition throughout the week! We will also have the exhibition online for at home viewing, if you’d rather interact at home. Lastly we will be unveiling our new online gift shop! After the concert, support our local artists and buy some amazing art!
We are asking for a $15 suggested donation to view the concert online. If you are attending in person, PLEASE RESERVE A SPOT; SPACE IS LIMITED. All proceeds will go towards programming for the rest of the year at the BLCA. If you would like to donate now, CLICK HERE. If you would like to reserve a spot and purchase a ticket, CLICK HERE.
Live stream link: https://www.facebook.com/Banfill.Locke/live_videos/
Or just go to our Facebook page at 1:20 and the live stream will pop up!
If you would like to submit photographs to the park exhibition, “We, Minnesotans”, please CLICK HERE for more information.
Space will be limited per the Governor’s guidelines outlined by Minnesota’s Stay Safe Plan.
All attendees must adhere to the following COVID guidelines and precautions:
- If you are not feeling well or exhibiting any symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, headache, etc. STAY HOME. We will refund you your ticket cost at no charge.
- Masks are required to go in any BLCA buildings and strongly encouraged while outdoors at the concert
- Groups must stay 6 feet apart and practice social distancing. BLCA staff will have seating areas marked off before the start of the show.
- The art center will be limited to no more than 8 people in the building (including staff) at one time
- Pets and service animals are permitted as long as they are leashed and properly picked up after
Additionally, we are providing the option for attendees to leave contact information with the BLCA so we can contact you in the event that we receive a report of any positive COVID reports after the concert. This is not required, but we would like to keep our members informed in case something happens!